Director of Operations
This position will deliver tangible operational improvements to metrics such as operating margin, delivery and OTIF (On Time in Full) within a Distribution/Mfg
environment. He/she will have proven distribution experience and will have expertise in leveraging an ERP system to identify and improve multi-site operations.
Major Job Functions (%)
- Oversee and coordinate all operational activities for the multiple facilities.
- Manage and improve the purchasing and shipping functions.
- Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual shipment and profit goals.
- Ensure all work orders are completed on time as per the schedule, completed to the specifications, and within the estimated quantities of labor and materials and maintain on-time delivery metrics.
Critical Selection Criteria
- Manufacturing/Operations: 35%
- Inventory / Warehousing / WIP: 25%
- Process Improvements: 20%
- Supervisory/Leadership: 10%
- Business Acumen: 10%
- Multi-site operations/Manufacturing/Operations
- Proven process improvement experience
- Superior managerial/supervisory/leadership skills
- Experience in implementing programs through multiple site Operations Managers
- Proven experience in implementing operational strategies to improve efficiencies, increase revenue and profits.
- Business Acumen – financial, sales, service oriented, willing to travel required.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Operations Management or related field from a four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.