Our Client, industrial supplier located in St. Paul, MN, is seeking to add a new member to the Leadership team to strategically increase revenue. We are seeking an experienced Sales Leader to build our business beyond the current customer base. This position will create a revenue plan to maintain existing business and generate new business.
Major Job Functions (%)
- Sales Management – Non-Commission Sales team 50%
- Develop a high-performance sales team and provide coaching and mentoring for emerging talent.
- Recruits, hires, trains staff, and evaluates non-commission sales representative’s performance.
- Define, document, and execute a successful sales process to increase sales, accountability, predictability, repeatability, and scalability.
- Provide sales forecasting, pipeline management and reporting to help create predictability and planning.
- Provide sales information to the President on a weekly basis.
- Manage sales team to drive growth opportunities in targeted Midwest territories.
- Create a work culture that drives both a highly supportive and productive work environment.
- Business Development 20%
- Maintain and identify new revenue opportunities from the current client base generated and managed by the existing commission sales team.
- Develop, implement, manage new revenue strategies including the development of new geographic markets, company sales targets, and the addition of new sales professionals.
- Create marketing collateral with supporting agreements to pursue various sophisticated target companies.
- Integration Partner Program Management 20%
- Manage, update, and track new installation and existing Integration Partner Programs
- Lead research, define and deliver a systematic approach to continuing to improve the Integration Partner Program customer experience including customer care, customer service and customer support.
- Business Advisor – Commission Sales Team 10%
- Provide overall business management guidance to senior commission sales professionals to increase sales.
- Communicate company and sales strategies.
- Develop and streamline business processes for increase success.
Critical Selection Criteria
- Gain an understanding of the business.
- Meet the salaried and non-commission sales professionals.
- Create short and near-term strategies to grow the business.
• 10+ years of related sales and new business development experience selling into small to middle market industrial accounts
• Experience working with Production, Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing and Procurement
• Minimum of 5-7 years demonstrated skills in sales management and leadership including hiring, sales training, team development, career development, performance management, technical selling, and account penetration
• Experience in building a high-performance sales team
• Proven sales acumen – planning, budgets, pricing, and margin management
• Successful history in leading organizations in new and existing markets.
• Ability to interface with all levels and styles both externally and internally with excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong presentation, analytical, interpersonal, and business relationship building skills.
• High level of organization and attention to detail in forecasting, budgeting, and reporting
• Positive goal-oriented self-starter who can excel with minimal direction or oversight
• Analytical Skills- Ability to use data to make sound sales and marketing decisions.
• Business acumen including sales, marketing, financial, operations, and service.
• Travel required – 20 - 25 %