Our Client, a healthcare supplier in the Twin Cities, is seeking an HR Administrator to support their Leadership team. The specific activities include but not limited to transactions such as new hires, benefits, payroll, promotions, transfers, leaves of absence, and other HR responsibilities.
Major Job Functions (%)
- Human Resources Functional Support (40%)
- Administer employee annual reviews with dept managers
- Assist dept managers in hiring process and job postings
- Provide basic employee questions about human resources policies or offerings.
- Maintain the employee handbook with updated resolutions and other pertinent information
- As needed attend meetings and offer HR perspective on termination, performance, and discipline matters, etc.
- Employee Benefits (20%)
- Support the administration of company’s benefit program.
- Family Medical Leave Act / Emergency Leave – handles applications and questions.
- Coordinate health, dental, life and disability insurance enrollments and communicate with service providers regarding all benefits
- Manages Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Payroll Processing (20%)
- Support team to process, post, and facilitate payroll including new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposits.
- Research, resolve, and track tax inquiries, wage data, and payroll adjustments.
- Ensure data accuracy and consistency
- Perform data entry for payroll.
- HR Compliance (20%)
- Ensure compliance with federal and state employment laws
- Ensure consistent and complete documentation, compliance practices, and recordkeeping.
- Manage and update all regulatory employment files.
- HR policy development, improve and update as laws and industry practices change
Critical Selection Criteria
- Becoming knowledgeable and proficient in HR operations and HR policies.
- Gain in-depth understanding of the comprehensive use of Paychecks and the online benefit management system called Ease.
- 5+ years of professional experience in supporting the HR/Payroll function
- Innovative solutions to HR administrative tasks as a talented HR technician.
- Self-starter – ability to own tasks and processes to completion